Monday, March 31, 2014

Last Breath (Hitman #2) by Jessica Clare & Jen Frederick


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/19207601-last-breath



Daniel, I am so freaking in love with you! Yea ..totally and head over heels. This book was like a theme park ride that wouldn't quit. But I definitely didn't want it to end at all! 
 
I really wanted more of Daniel from his small part in Last Hit. He has this intensity that just pulls at you. Regan really got the short end of the stick with her luck. To be in the wrong place at the wrong time and be sold into sexual slavery? Wow. A promise to a friend and added on top to a mission to find his sister and he was so determined to complete both. Daniel pulls Regan from the darkness and helps her in so many ways. He had been so numb for so long and didn't give himself the time to feel anything but anger. Regan tears down his walls and he can't fight it. 
Regan’s real danger is to that lump under my left breastbone. It’s starting to beat again.
 
 
The sexual chemistry was apparent at least on Daniels side even to his own  guilty conscience and chagrin. He didn't feel it was appropriate that he had all of these lustful  feelings and fantasies but eventually Regan wanted to feel like she wasn't broken. Daniel knew just what to do to make her feel in control and to have the power that had been taken from her for so long. 

These authors write in a way that I freaking love. I need my heroes to feel possessive and protective of their women and Daniel was a true freaking HERO. 
 
I love how in both books we were able to see how their relationship grows and how real life affects them when all of the dangerous things are settled. It's like an HEA in the middle and that I freaking LOVE

I will never forget this story. I am anxious to see who the next book will be about. I'm hoping that Mendoza will eventually get a book. Yea, he just sounds yummy and rough. Vasily and Naomi seem like they fit together perfectly. Can't wait for more.
 
I am definitely moving these authors other books right up the TBR mountain. I'm hooked!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...