Saturday, April 26, 2014

Finding Serenity (Seeking Serenity #2) by Eden Butler

https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1394771671l/20636475.jpg
When I stumble upon a book and an author that shocks me with not only the depth but range of emotions I can feel in one story,  it reminds me why I fell in love with reading and how much it means to me. 

 
 Eden Butler has captivated my heart. From the town she created with it's love of Rugby to it's foundation of friendship and family, I find I wish I could hop on a bus and stay there a while. The characters as flawed yet beautiful, broken yet unbelievably strong. Layers of intense feelings are still trapped in my heart. I can't say that the love story of this couple is what made this book amazing to me, even though they were extraordinary in their complexity. The history of both Vaughn and Molly tore at my heart. Both had so much loss and so much pain it's a wonder they were able to function. I think their souls recognized something in each other and their volatile and passionate love story will stick with me for a while. ...
 
Yet, no it wasn't just this splendid couple, It was the entire canvas of relationships in this picturesque town. 
It was the lesson of family being more than blood. How the people who cry with you and rant for you are the ones that are your family. 
I cried and I laughed over antics and heartbreak. I felt like I was right there and that maybe just maybe I might have fit in with these misfits a little, probably because it takes one to know one. 
 
I do know that the moment the next book, or rather the next bus arrives back to Cavanagh, Tennessee.
 I'll be on the front row and this time I might not leave. 

**Note to Author: From one Louisiana girl to another, Who Dat and Laisse Le Bon Temps Rouler
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JIIUGB8/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00JIIUGB8&linkCode=as2&tag=sizzpageromar-20

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...