Friday, April 4, 2014

GUNS: The Spencer Book (Rook and Ronin Spinoff) by J.A. Huss

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20419910-guns



From the moment Spencer opened his mouth in the Rook & Ronin series I was like.
"Gimme NOW!!"
From his dirty mouth to his cocky and arrogant attitude I just yearned for this bad boy! 
My favorite parts of this book were the "past" when Ron and Spence really fell in love. I adored seeing how they were in the beginning and I'll probably never think of an atrium  in the same way again.
 
 
But we had to go to the present to head towards my hopeful HEA.
A pretty emotional ride begins where
Veronica was really treated like crap a lot of the time and I kinda prepared myself being that we knew a lot of why he treated her like that as the reader because of the previous books. It didn't ease the blow as much as I'd have liked though. I had some moments in this book that if Spencer had been in reaching distance...this might have happened. 
But then....
yea there is a butt..(no not his awesome butt) 
Spencer would go and have this totally sappy romantic thought  or say this totally sweet and endearing thing to Ronnie (in the past or the present)  and I'd just swoon. I am glad J. A. gave us the past in the middle of the present to ease a little of the misery.
 
His smile is small and crooked. Almost sad as he reaches over and laces his fingers in mine. “We like to hold hands too, don’t we?”
 
 
 
 
Then instantly I would be screaming
#Spencer-IS-My-1-&-Only
All over again!!
He had me feeling a tad psychitzo. 
 
 Ronnie was so strong to have put up with all that was dished out to her. The love these two shared was epic and she couldn't fight it even when she wanted to run for the hills. The fact was Spencer and Ronnie FIT in a crazy world and I think in the back of her mind she knew his true heart.
When this climactic and passionate story came together I was literally having to remind myself to breathe! I was on the edge, gripping my Kindle and begging for this amazing couple to find their way back to each other. 
 
J. A. Huss has captivated me through 7 freaking books!! These characters have become so special to me. I can't wait to see what the future holds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...