Friday, December 5, 2014

The Law of Moses by Amy Harmon - @aharmon_author

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23252517-the-law-of-moses




I find that when I finish an Amy Harmon book, I tend to sit and stare and contemplate how big my heart must be to contain so many emotions.
The prologue set me up to think I'd find a lot of pain and sorrow.


If I tell you right up front, right in the beginning that I lost him, it will be easier for you to bear. You will know it’s coming, and it will hurt. But you’ll be able to prepare.
Don't think I didn't cry.. there was pain in so many places.. There was laughter and joy also. But what I found most  amongst the pages was love, acceptance and grace



Georgia was really like no other heroine. From her magical touch with her horses to her utmost patience and grace.
To just put her heart out there without fear was so amazing. Moses oh my gosh! There were moments I needed Georgia’s grace because his actions baffled me. 

Moses was an enigma! A old soul in a young body that also had this extraordinary ability and this mysterious presence that I wanted to solve him like a  puzzle.
But underneath his demeanor of indifference.. there was a hero protecting those he loved.  When Moses let out his love..it turned the world vivid.

So many moments of beauty and joy .. tears and sorrow but all along the pages were soaked in love. Love for a couple and love for those long gone.
Each page there was something meaningful, something that made me wonder and think hard about things. What we can do when things aren’t going our way? Do we dwell on the bad? Or try to uplift and shine a light on the good ..or the greats?  This story will take you for a journey of intense and varied feelings. You have to ride it to the end to see how gently you land or how hard you fall. Or maybe just a little bit of both. The one fact is true about Amy Harmon. You open a book and your heart immediately starts swelling with emotion. I'm in pieces.. but I wouldn't have it any other way.

#5Greats
My God
 Family
Blog girls
Love Stories
Fuzzy Socks
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PKSZ78M/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00PKSZ78M&linkCode=as2&tag=sizzpageromar-20&linkId=JZOYCCCZUG45RNCF

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful review! I want to read this one, but Making Faces tore me to pieces and I haven't recovered yet. I need to be in a better place emotionally before reading another Amy Harmon masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man do I KNOW what you MEAN! !
      I am so glad she gives me months to recover each time. You gotta read Infinity + One ..wow another breathtaking read. This one.(The Law of Moses) .it tore me apart and then put me back together.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...