Thursday, November 5, 2015

Coup De Grâce (Code 11-KPD Swat #7) by Lani Lynn Vale @LaniLynnVale

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/26054738-coup-de-gr-ce





I have wanted Michael and Nikki's book since they first showed up in previous installments. I was so captivated by this story that I devoured it. I love that Lani keeps her characters loyal to each other even when they aren't together.  So just to clear up any misconceptions about what Miller said regarding Michael and other girls..it NEVER happened! This is not a spoiler. This is a fact that this author wouldn't go there! Lani doesn't write drama like that. Why? Because her stories stand on their own without contrived drama. That's why she's in my top 5 favorite authors ever!
Lani ..just to let you know..
 
Nikki owned Michael's heart even when they weren't together. Let's just say Michael was "branded' in a way ..forever. 

 
 Michael was by far so amazing that I am really thinking he's probably my favorite hero of Lani ever. From the reason he quit being a Dr to how he stepped up to the plate when Nikki rocked his world, he was like a cement wall that would not be moved. He radiated strength and courage even when battling his mental issues. Nikki was the perfect fit for Michael because she knew what his lifestyle would entail having a brother living the same way. I was surprised by the Joslin transformation and simply baffled and amazed that Lani wrapped up their story like that. Totally a unique twist.
 

Every time I end a book by this author I sit and close my eyes, savoring the peace and beauty she leaves in my heart. Being from Louisiana and my family being military and police officers just makes her books so personal to me. Even the fact that I'm in the medical field just has me finding so many similarities to my life and I can't get enough of her stories. Such humor but also such passion each story lives in my heart and breathes on its own. Love isn't strong enough of a word to how I feel beginning and ending each amazing tale she tells. Bravo Lani
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...