Saturday, September 2, 2017

Dark Secrets (Dark series #2) by Jessica Gadziala @JessicaGadziala





Each time I start a book by this author I seem to find I'm immediately immersed in a world that takes colors and strips them down into hundreds of shades. There is right and wrong in this world and so many things in between those two definitions that sometimes the bad guys aren't bad all the way through and the good guys have to be bad to even things out a bit. Jessica has a way with mystery injected with a love story that has me so invested in the story that I almost always feel sad when it's over. Reading as many books as I have.. Feeling sad after a book is rare. Maybe I've grown a bit numb, after all boy meets girl and they live happily ever after can only be written so many different ways before it all seems to blend into each other.
But that is where Jessica breaks that mold. She has created a universe that has so many characters that climb into your heart. I even want stories about characters that I actually didn't like at the beginning. This time the romance was a little hard for me to get behind at first. I'm a strong woman, I've raised a strong man whose risking his life in every type of job (Marine, Cop, firefighter) and I have two more boys I'm raising.. And I've bent over backwards trying to instill into their soul that woman are equals... Yet they are also to be treasured, cherished and protected.. You can do that standing side by side.. Believe it or not. Now having said that I still a girly girl romantic at heart. So even when I like my romance a little rough I need a balance of sweet, soft and cherishing. I felt that lacking in the beginning because Faith seemed a little too tough but then suddenly Jessica peeled back more layers and the softness came through in a completely believable way so I felt it transpired smoothly and perfectly. 
 She's a fucking battle axe wrapped in velvet.
 
Daniel was the best balance of alpha to partner and those epilogues had me almost sobbing with emotion. 
 
 It was just them- two people who fell in love in an impossible situation and, against all odds, made it work.
 

When you bring tears to my eyes.. You've done your job. Thank you Jessica again for giving me a love story I felt deep and truly to my soul.

 

https://www.amazon.com/Dark-Secrets-Jessica-Gadziala-ebook/dp/B01N0GRZJG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1505609809&sr=8-1&keywords=dark+secrets+jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...